Takeshi Mogi goes offline



The person who has taught me most about Japanese whisky is Takeshi Mogi. His was the original website on the subject and I have had the pleasure of meeting him in person on several occasions. I have always gone away feeling enriched by the experience.

He is a real gentleman and has been unfailingly helpful in steering my blundering attempts to understand a complex topic. I know that many other people have been similarly helped by Mogi-san (not all of whom have been sufficiently generous in acknowledging their reliance on him).

Sadly, he has decided not to continue with his excellent website.  I hope Nonjatta will be able to say a little more about his reasons for this in due course and perhaps notify people of any new projects he has under his hat, but I just want to put up this note to express my sadness at the passing of a great web resource.

Comments

David said…
I'm sorry to hear it too. Mogi-san is certainly a gentleman and was most generous to me in helping me to appreciate Japanese whisky.

Happily, the legendary Nonjatta continues to fly the flag for Japanese whisky online.
Hi!

Congratulations! Your readers have submitted and voted for your blog at The Daily Reviewer. We compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 spirits Blogs, and we are glad to let you know that your blog was included! You can see it at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/spirits/2

You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award here : http://thedailyreviewer.com/pages/badges/spirits

P.S. This is a one-time notice to let you know your blog was included in one of our Top 100 Blog categories. You might get notices if you are listed in two or more categories.

P.P.S. If for some reason you want your blog removed from our list, just send an email to angelina@thedailyreviewer.com with the subject line "REMOVE" and the link to your blog in the body of the message.

Cheers!

Angelina Mizaki
Selection Committee President
The Daily Reviewer
http://thedailyreviewer.com
Del said…
Always wanted to try this whiskey after reading about it.

I look around last week and couldn't find it on some online shops, most were sold out.

My girlfriend managed to find me a bottle of
Yamazaki 1984
at Sipplondon.com

I haven't drank it yet, - waiting for Xmas :)

Popular Posts