Hibiki 21-year-old



Update 9.3.2011: It won the 2011 World Whisky Awards prize for the best blended whisky in the world!

Review by Nonjatta contributor - Dramtastic:

Hibiki 21-year-old. 43 percent alcohol.
Nose: An extremely rich bouquet; Seville oranges, bananas, licorice, polished leather, bourbon barrel oak, vanilla, orange coffee.
Palate: Smooth and creamy to start; then a big dollop of sweet spices, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, licorice. More of the Seville oranges plus white plums, leather and sweet cigar leaf.
Finish: Long, with a fruity/dry combination dominated by the flavors on the palate.
General comment: A sophisticated blend. I highly recommend it.

Comments

Nonjatta said…
I really hate to be unhelpful, but I don't know where in Australia this can be bought. I have never been the Australia and I don't know the situation with getting sellers on sites like Rakuten to sell to Australia (a variety of responses, I guess). Readers?
sparkplug said…
Services like http://www.japanonly.com can find things only available in Japan and send them to customers abroad.

Popular Posts